Neath Abbey © Crown copyright (2013) Visit Wales
The Abbey was founded by Richard de Granville 1130 and occupied by Savigniac monks, but by 1147 they had combined with the Cistercian order under whose control it remained for many years.
Like many of the abbeys doted around the country it was dissolved by Henry Vlll in 1539. In the 1600’s the house and property had passed into the hands of Sir John Herbert and latterly was an industrial site for copper smelting.
Copyright © Croeso Net 1998 -